If you are new to Christianity or are looking to strengthen your faith, it is so important to pray regularly. For beginners, though, it can be difficult to know how to start or what you are supposed to do.
Bishop Tracie Dickey is a faith leader and Christian keynote speaker. Above all else, she is a woman of God. She is eager to offer sermons to anyone in need of a spiritual recharge but is particularly passionate about guiding new believers and lukewarm Christians to their walks with God. Today she shares her advice on how to start praying to God for beginners.
- Find a quiet place where you can focus your attention on God during prayer.
- You can pray either silently or aloud, whichever is more comfortable for you. God will hear your prayers either way.
- You don’t need to be in any particular position in order to pray. You could bow, stand, sit, kneel, or even walk while praying. Do whatever you need to in order to focus your mind.
- Start by addressing God and recognizing His omnipotence.
- Realize the connection between you, God, and everything in the world.
- Show gratitude towards God for everything in your life.
- Ask for forgiveness for the things you have done wrong in your life.
- Learn the Lord’s Prayer. This is essential for every Christian to know and it can help you if you are struggling with words:
“Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.”